I suggest you ...

Allow members to correct errors in both company and person profiles.

Create a simple way to suggest changes to person and company profiles and have those changes reflected on the Spoke system. It might require some sort of verification or when more than one person makes the same suggetsion.

108 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Admindjensen_spoke (Admin, Spoke) shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

52 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

How do let the largest funeral corporation in america retaliate on line against me, by putting damaging info about me online. Note this is a company that on any given day has 350 lawsuits against it. Including Menorah Gardens 100 million class action lawsuit in Florida for dumping bodies in the woods and reselling the burial plots

Please contact me 850-496-7058 roger troost. I am contacting attorneys because SCI created a web page without my permission to try to damage me. This is after I testified against them in a lawsuit. Delete my profile ASAP or I will seek legal action.

I found an incorrect record for myself in Google search results- associated my name with a company I never worked at. I tried to go through the process to suppress the listing without registering for the site as I very much do not want to register. I was not able to make the request because it requires a corporate email address for verification. I am out of work so I have no corporate email address to use!
        I submitted a support ticket on Jan 2 detailing my situation and asking for help asap. I got an email confirmation that my support ticket was received and that I would get a response in 24 hours M-F except holidays. It is now Jan 7 and I heard nothing back. I sent a follow up ticket on Jan 5 and heard nothing on that one either.

How can I get this resolved?

GREAT IDEA !! THEY HAVE COMPLETELY FALSE INFO ABOUT ME THAT I WORKED AT A PLACE I NEVER WORKED AT. WHERE DO THEY GET THIS STUFF??

KIM LOUTH

• Randall Bauter commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

You have my profile wrong, I work at
        Coldwell Banker Residential Brokerage
        1339 W Mequon Road
        Mequon, Wisconsin. 53092

• Adminphilippe.cases (Admin, Spoke) commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

To SafetyStore: we have released on hub.spoke.com a beta version of the site. I am sure you will be pleased with the results and how easy it is to update information. Re:current spoke.com, you can indeed update the employee list by registering and claiming the company profile.

• SafetyStore.com commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Spoke has always listed employees that have never worked for our company and our DBAs. No one has ever explained why or how these people got listed. I can't as the CEO make a change to my company employee list?

• Tom Napier commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I see that I am employed by my own company twice and by another company twice. It would be nice to be able to consolidate and claim stray profiles.

• Anoymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I followed the instruction on the website to to remove my incorrect profile and was not successful. Also, the other links attached to the email are bogus and after I claim my profile it tells me that the email that I registered with is incorrect. I sure hope this site is no hoax or one in which will use my email to spam...I would appreciate if this information is fix ASAP!!

I signed up but it added another name to my company name that is not me. I tried to change tit but can't. That is why I deactivated the account. Please eitehr fix this or remove me permenantly.

Hi Jason, thank you for your comment, I am going to refer you to our FAQ on the site (http://www.spoke.com/resources/faq/) to answer more fully your question. In a nutshell, you can:
        1) Claim your profile: http://www.spoke.com/resources/faq/#faq-id2242568
        2) Update your profile: http://www.spoke.com/resources/faq/#faq-id2242569
        3) Remove yourself from the directory: http://www.spoke.com/resources/faq/#faq-id2242572
        4) You can do the same on the company page: do a search on your company name, click on your company name, on the left side, join to edit and then edit the profile. You can do this only if you have an email from the company you are trying to edit the profile from.
        To give you also a sense of perspective, we have 4 million unique visitors coming to the site and a few hundred thousand updating their information on a monthly basis so I am glad I don’t have to update all those profiles myself but I am also glad that people are reaching out to me on Uservoice for help if they can’t find their way around the site. We had a long debate internally about whether to remove those comments who are more self service in nature than request for feature update and decided to keep most of them (we remove the ones that only gives us a link to a profile and ask us to remove it) as this is the voice of our users talking and this is why this site is for. My team is constantly reading those comments and, because of that, is focused on the right thing and that is invaluable to us. We are now an A+ rated company at BBB and the number of complaints at Truste or on self service is now minimal. We are closing the loop as we are about to release a new site in May 2011 that is making updating information on the site so easy that I am hoping we will have resolve the issue and that it will become clearer to anybody why a site like Spoke is necessary. I know we have still some work to do ahead of us to get there but we are on our way.

• Jason commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Philippe,
        I'm concerned when you say the tools exist for people to correct their profiles yet easily 2/3rds of your forum is devoted to people who are not able to fix their innaccurate and unauthorized posted information.
        Can you please explain what tools are available to claim a personal or business profile where none of the information is accurate without having to contact you?

I have still not heard back from Mem and Man111 both via emails and as a comment. One thing is for certain is that it would be foolish to try to register people if they don't want to be part of a community. This is the reason why we have offered tools for people to remove their profiles without registering and why you can reach our support requirement via mail. The next site redesign is going to make things even clearer it was not the case as people will be able to update profiles without registering. We will be of course moderating everything but the notion that we are forcing people to register is not our aim at all.

• MeM commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This whole site is a scam and they collect and post innaccurate information in order to obtain new members. They have been reported to consumer affairs and BBB. I encoarage any other infuriated mislead new members to do the same.

• Man111 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

"Philippe says...If we aggregate 10% sources of information that are 99.0% correct (1 piece of info is correct out 100) then 10% of the profile are incorrect by nature and you may find that the info is bogus"

What he is saying here is that this organization has 'found' this information from vairous sources and put it on their site thus tempting the real person to register in order to fix it - its a way to drive subscribers! However they are also advertising inaccurate and personal information which is going to land them in court if it hasn't already!

← Previous 1 3

Feedback and Knowledge Base